1/ A manager tells you about times where he/she gave indications of gratitude to his/her employees, and asks for your advice about how to do so.
2/ Maria, the manager, asked each employee to write an action plan to organise a project. But Eddy, the technical manager, has prioritised other tasks. Maria calls a meeting with him...
1/ For each example, recommend an action and compare your opinion with the manager’s opinion. Next, compare different approaches, qualifying the 3 versions of a single review.
2/ Conduct the review alongside Maria. Shed light on the origin of the problem, try different approaches and set the right conditions so that Eddy’s mistake will not happen again.
Educational Benefits and Objectives
- Know the benefits of feedback,
- Detect a need for feedback,
- Know when to debrief right away and when to debrief later,
- Ask intelligent questions and practise active listening,
- Structure the feedback review,
- Identify needs and motivation,
- Support your statements with facts,
- Use and maintain a constructive approach,
- Give rise to solutions,
- Move from a critique to goal-setting,
- Develop consistency between verbal and non-verbal language.
Processor: Pentium Core2 Duo processor 2 GHz
RAM : 1.5 GB RAM (2GB for Vista and Seven or more depending of the application loaded at the same time)
1 sound card
Microsoft Windows XP and higher
Mac OS X 10.5 and higher
TO PLAY ONLINE
SUPPORTED WEB BROWSERS
Internet Explorer version 8 to 11, Edge
Firefox version 3.5 to 44
Chrome version <45
Mac OS X
Safari 5.0 to 9.0
Time passed, completion, progression, success, score
French, english, german, portuguese